Wednesday 4 August 2010

A reply from the Danish Ministry of Justice

I got a second letter from the Danish Ministry of Justice after my very frustrated second email I sent after failing the first theory test. As you can read in the attached letter, they just reiterated what they had told me before regarding the conversion of my Victorian licence to a Danish licence, however they did say they are working on a new digital theory test which will be available in English and other languages! This would hopefully be a vast improvement on the current system where you must pay for an interpreter, and in my two theory tests at least, his English skills left a lot to be desired! In addition they plan to extend the validity of foreign licences from 14 days to 3 months for new residents, which might be useful for some people, but for me (and many others I imagine) I wouldn't invest in buying a car unless I had a full Danish licence.
So at least the theory test might be better in terms of the translation!

1 comment: