Wednesday 5 May 2010

One more try!

Well I have decided to give the theory test another try - I do hate to be defeated! However I'm not sure I will bother wasting more time, effort and money if I fail again. I'll just resign myself to public transport for another year or two and plan on returning back to Australia.

So what's happened between now and my last post (and theory test failure) I hear you ask?! Well I had planned to book in for a new theory test earlier, but I had to rush back to Australia for a family funeral but luckily I managed to leave before the volcano erupted and return once the worst of it had cleared.

Whilst away in Australia I contacted my driving school and asked him to book me in for a new test. He told me he needed the form that I got from the Borgerservice in order to go to the Police and book me in for a test. I said I could bring it to him immediately on my return from Australia and that he should book a date in for me now. Of course he could not book the date without having my form (which he and the police have seen before), but oh no, he has to physically have the form to make the booking.

So on my return to Denmark I went in to the driving school with the form and got him to book in for a new theory test, and as usual there's a 4-6 week wait as I expected. The guy told me that "if its any consolation, I looked at the theory test you were given, and it was the NX version"! Apparently this "NX" version is the most difficult to pass but he could not tell me why the Police give this more difficult test sometimes, and apparently the Police could never answer this either. Well lucky me, I got it and failed by one picture! So he tells me he can probably book me in for a test in 4 weeks time. Great I said, do it. So that will be 1,500 kr. Oh shit, I just cycled over and forgot my wallet, but I did remember the form of course. He said not to worry, he'd make the booking and then I could pay him when I come back and collect the form (because you need to present this all important form at the test).

A week later I haven't heard back so I SMS him (this is his preferred way of communication) and he tells me the date of my test (which ends up being 6 weeks not 4 as he indicated previously). OK, I reply, I'll drop by to pay the money and pick up my form. So again I go back to the driving school. I pay the money and I ask for my form. Oh no he said, I need the form to make your booking. I said, but you have already made the booking and I understood that I would pick up the form today when I made the payment. He told me that it was only a pre-booking and blah blah blah, I would have to come back and collect the form a week before the test. Mmmmmm, not what he told me last time, but hey, I told myself to keep my cool and remember, this is the LAST time I put myself through this bullshit! He also asked me whether I'd like to go for a pre-test class with him again. I asked, well will that cost extra, to which he replied that it would be a "special" half price rate for me since it would be my second time. I said no, I don't think I will bother, after all he told me he thought I could not have prepared any more than I did last time and that even he would not necessarily pass the test if he did it himself!

So that's the current situation. Wish me luck, because I seriously don't want to put myself through any more of this bullshit and just line all their pockets with more money for nothing in return!

3 comments:

  1. I was given the NX as one of the 3 that I took but at this point I cannot remember if that one was failure #2 or the one that I finally passed! Your instructor sounds a bit unorganized - I really hope that all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so brave.....
    And we are all rooting for you.

    And did you hear----2 more countries were added to the "you can trade your license for a danish one with no testing required" list... UKRAINE and BRAZIL. Effective May 1st.

    Mads contacted them on Monday, inquiring WHY and HOW, but still have not heard back... will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god Patti, you had to endure 3 tests!!! I'm not sure I could go through all this a 3rd (or more) times until I was "lucky" enough to pass! It just makes me so angry everytime I have to go through it.... its a real toss up between enduring the 3 hours travel time to work each day or wasting more time, money and the frustration of going for another test!
    Well Kelli I'm glad fo Ukranians and Basilians... hopefully as the list grows they will see just how stupid it is to leave off the rest of Australia and the USA! I fear it will be too late for me though!

    ReplyDelete